Birgitta Staflund-Wiberg

Birgitta Staflund-Wiberg

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The first blog contribution in english!

I decided to have an english blog to tell you what's up at Meadowlark kennels! I have a lot of english and continental friends, and hopefully they will find their way to this blog! Please don't hesitate to right me if my english sucks!! :-)
At the moment we are in the middle of the shooting season with trials and picking up.
Yesterday we went on a duck shoot, and it was freezing cold, minus four degrees in the morning and ice covering the lake. It was a thin ice cover, but still.
We had most of the ducks handpicked by small boats, and avoided sending the dogs repeatedly in the ice cold water.But they still needed to go in a couple of times. We were properly prepared with blankets and towels for the dogs. We made sure to massage and stretch them properly afterwards.They had to work through the reed surrounding the lake and sometimes hunt for injured ducks quite a while.
The last weekend in november is the Big Weekend - the Danish Elitpröve. That's the Danish Championship, only open for qualified dogs. You qualify by winning an open trial, or if awarded a CK , which basicly means judges rated your dog as Certificate quality in a trial where someone else won the Certificate, or if you are already a full champion with all three Certificates.
Anyway, Will and I are going to compete, and my husband will be one of the guns.
Pictures from yesterday!











1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Wow, then I'm the first one to make comments here!
I wish you and your Super-Will good luck in the Danish Championship and I look forward to see you tomorrow, hopefully around 11 am.

Lots of hugs